Today’s recipe is one of my favourite salads I enjoy. It is a warm pumpkin and egg salad which is a great meal for dinner or lunch.
What do you need?
Smal bunch of kale
1 round piece of beetroot raw
1. Wash and cut up the pumpkin into small pieces then place in a baking tray. Add a little olive oil in the tray for cooking. Then place pumpkin in the oven on 180 degrees and cook for around 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is cooked and soft. Frequently check on the pumpkin and turn it to ensure it cooks both sides. Meanwhile prepare other ingredients.
2. Boil 2 eggs in a pan for 3 minutes. Then remove and allow the eggs to cool.
3. Grate the carrot, zucchini and beetroot and place in a bowl.
4. Cut up kale, tomato, cucumber and capcium into smaller pieces then add in the bowl.
5. Slice the corn off the cob into the bowl. I like to eat the corn cold and raw however you can boil it for a couple of minutes if you wish to add it hot in the salad as well.
6. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl together allowing all the flavours to blend.
7. Once the eggs have cooled a little, peal them and cut them into 4 pieces.
8. Prepare the dressing: Pour a small amount of olive oil in a cup and squeeze fresh lemon and mix it together. Then mix it through the salad. Add the eggs on the top of the salad.
9. Once the pumpkin is ready, add it to the salad as well. Top with green sprouts, serve and enjoy!
Yummo, a healthy warm pumpkin and egg salad.